The Selfless

Sunday, December 05, 2004

A Visit to the Orphanage

Awakened by that scream
startled by that laugh
Amazed by that equanimity
asphyxiated by that maze...

I was inhaling heavily
on that bright sunny day
at the shrine of the orphanage
as one little girl ran to me
talking in some alien language
wanting to sit on my lap
the innocence, the lack of inhibition
and the mighty vision of equality
took the breath off from my soul
The song that she sang
got right into the intricacies of my mind
washing off a bit of mud
with all its unleashed power...

the stories from the aged,
the sharp pitched tone
but well controlled by the experience
pierced the barrier of language
carving in my brain cells...
as an unforgettable lesson.

Having all near and dear
but not having anyone near
they reminded me of the
very uncertainty of life...

The enraged old man who was denied
of the needed attention
the most needed thing
lest food and shelter
attracted my attention by dusk
for no one can be blamed
'coz it is the human way
the way we think as we pass
through the dawn and dusk of life...

And i wonder what we do...
to the shivering hands stretching
from the dark dungeons of the street
as we feign to live a busy life....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home