The Selfless

Sunday, December 05, 2004

The Soldier

Taking the stroke on his body
chanting the anthem in the heart
stood there the undeterred soldier
the potent warrior

serving the wounded motherland
forgetting the beckoning home
crouching with the weapon in hand
gazing at the filthy endless terrain

with arduous to determine emotions
attributed to animosity and determination
without a speck of delusion about the destiny
and the kindling vengeance,
the emotional enemy of the mankind

still holding onto his mute prayers
not for the home but homeland
crawling on the ground
but soaring in his thoughts

O! thee protect him, my motherland
the mankind and the world
here is my prayer, my soul,
my heartfelt benign wishes
for I have only these to bestow,
as I know the rest worldly things
becomes meaningless before you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home